6/13/2007

June 16, 2007


Did you know since 1990 more than 7,000 NGO's have been formed to focus on environmental and social issues? "What's an NGO?" you ask. Join me, Dawn, while the guys are away Saturday as I talk with Dr. Anele Heiges the United Nations Director of NGO Leadership. An NGO is a non-government organization. We are each and every one a walking, talking NGO. I first met Anele, a Dominican Sister who's the epitome of energy and compassion, last summer in Social Artistry. She stood before us and proclaimed that she not only worked for the UN but wanted to address sex trafficking of children and youth especially in Russia. I felt compelled to run up to her after the introduction and say I wanted to spend time with her. I promptly avoided her the remainder of the week. Now having had the opportunity to continue to spend time this year with Anele I realize why I felt compelled to know more yet ran initially. Anele turns words into works. She walks her talk and although she may not have all the answers she is asking the hard questions and doing so with vim and vigor. Anele is heart, mind and soul. Please join me as I spend an hour with Anele learning more about NGO's, her upcoming trip to Kenya, the Fifth Women's World Congress in 2010, the UN's Millenium Development goals and yes, sex trafficking and how this all connects to the return of the Sacred Feminine in the world - and I would add healing the Sacred Masculine. To learn more go to: http://www.5wwc.org/ and http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/ We're waking up. Join us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home